- First day working remote
- We stay home and wait
- Stretching the legs & (some) social distancing
- Confirmation arrives, stocking up
- Finding routine in irregular times
- New challenges with the remote working
- Noticeable changes
- Finding a pattern
- COVID-19 Lock Down
- First week, check
- Weekend plans? You know stay away from people as much as possible.
- Game night as the pause begins
- Streets empty as everyone builds furniture and plays games
- Staying sane
- Keeping date night going
- Socializing remote
- Friday feeling? TGIF?
- House Parties not Street Parties
- Running in the rain
- Betting on unknowns
- Optimizing the lockdown life
- Community Support
- Virtual Social Closeness
- Friday night: Virtual Happy Hours & Games
- Four Weeks In
- Discovering the new exciting
- A Weekend Getaway in Quarantine
- Rain and games
- Looking for escapes
- Escape to the Country
- An upstate retreat for some ‘normalcy’
- Rediscovering New York as lockdown eases
Neither Danielle nor I had the best night sleep as a couple of mosquitoes decided to join us. Mid-March feels early for them and I read it can be attributed to global warming, which reminds me how I have been thinking this coronavirus is at least helpful for the planet if not the people.
We took a bike ride today, equipped with hand sanitizer and wipes. Hopping on a couple of citi-bikes to go over to the west side and then down to the bottom of Manhattan and back around. Weather was much cooler than yesterday. Everyone seemed to be following social distancing except when we got to the East River park, hordes of people. Runners, people playing team sports. Do people not listen? At this point in part combination of Danielle’s legs and the crowds, we veered off in search of quieter streets.
Good exercise but would feel more comfortable if it was isolated, got to stick to the quieter streets next time.
This afternoon I found a World Cup match from 2014, Netherlands vs Spain, just before Van Gaal became Man Utd manager. I miss football.
Dropped my laundry off as well today. Been wondering how safe laundrettes are but most suggestions indicate the detergent and warm water will kill any virus.
We’re both going to have to find some new hobbies to keep us occupied. Aside from a lot of mentions about need for steps, Danielle also made a delicious blueberry crumble. Honestly, we’re going to come out of this better cooks and cleaners for sure.