- First day working remote
- We stay home and wait
- Stretching the legs & (some) social distancing
- Confirmation arrives, stocking up
- Finding routine in irregular times
- New challenges with the remote working
- Noticeable changes
- Finding a pattern
- COVID-19 Lock Down
- First week, check
- Weekend plans? You know stay away from people as much as possible.
- Game night as the pause begins
- Streets empty as everyone builds furniture and plays games
- Staying sane
- Keeping date night going
- Socializing remote
- Friday feeling? TGIF?
- House Parties not Street Parties
- Running in the rain
- Betting on unknowns
- Optimizing the lockdown life
- Community Support
- Virtual Social Closeness
- Friday night: Virtual Happy Hours & Games
- Four Weeks In
- Discovering the new exciting
- A Weekend Getaway in Quarantine
- Rain and games
- Looking for escapes
- Escape to the Country
- An upstate retreat for some ‘normalcy’
- Rediscovering New York as lockdown eases
Today flew by with a tonne of meetings. Trying to make some changes to home office setup, namely ordered an adjustable standing desk and a balance board. Ways to avoid sitting still less. So used to walking from one corner of the office to the other to get to meetings. An 800 sq-ft apartment doesn’t take many steps to get around.
Yesterday US Naval Ship, Comfort arrived in NYC. It’s not going to be housing Coronavirus patients (there’s the popup hospital in Central Park and the converted conference center for that – along with the hospitals) but it does bring extra beds. Idiocy still prevails nearly a month into this lockdown, people were clamoring to get a sight of the ship coming into NYC, paying no attention to social distancing (saw this on the news).
Hoping they re-open Park Avenue like last weekend to get some more safe exercise. Otherwise, combined with the minor ‘renovations’ to my home office* I’m going to have to find the optimal time to go for a run/walk outside. Speaking of home offices, interesting to see on the news the UK home office along with the rest of the cabinet did the first virtual cabinet meeting with Zoom. Zoom has clearly taken off but it’s interesting that the UK government is using it given the security concerns.
Played a new game tonight, Sequence, a bit like Connect 4 but with a board and a couple of decks of cards. Quite a good game and a nice addition to our evening social choices.